BOAS Annual Scientific Meeting 2022
This meeting has now closed
Certificates for attendees will be emailed on return of the Conference Feedback form, which can be accessed here:
Please email completed Feedback forms to BOAS_2022@hotmail.com
Approved for 10 CPD
From the RCOA
The British Museum
Tuesday 5th – Wednesday 6th July, 2022
For the best experience, we recommend viewing this webpage from a pc or Mac (desktop).
We are proudly sponsored by:
– WELCOME –
We are delighted to invite you to the first face-to-face BOAS meeting for over 2 years which is being held at the British Museum – the Oldest Public Museum in the World!
Founded in 1753, it is home to over 2 million years worth of history spanning six continents. Book your place today and join us for an exceptional meeting in this iconic venue.
Please note that this will be a physical event only, there will not be any virtual content. We will be following the most current COVID guidelines closely.
- High quality lectures from leading speakers in the field of ophthalmic surgery & anaesthesia
- Up to 10 CPD points from the RCoA
- Additional content: Human Factors, Sustainability & Education
- Regional Anaesthesia Clinic throughout the day
- Networking with colleagues for the first time in over 2 years
- Poster Competition & Trainee Prizes
- Exciting Social Event on Tuesday evening
- Explore the wonders of the British Museum!
– PROGRAMME –
In addition to all of the lectures, a regional blocks clinic will be available during lunch and the refreshment breaks on both days. Come and hone your local anaesthetic techniques using simulation models. Our friendly faculty will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.
The programme below may be subject to change
View the Full BOAS Programme HERE
View the Speaker’s Biographies HERE
– ABSTRACTS –
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for oral presentations in the following categories:
- Audits / surveys / research
- Case reports
- Education & Training
- Service Development / Quality improvement
- Human factors / Sustainability
Trainee Prizes are available for the best oral presentation (£400) and for the runner up (£200)
The closing date for abstracts has now passed.
Poster and Presentation FAQs can be downloaded HERE.
– FEES –
|Tuesday 5th July||£220|
|Wednesday 6th July||£220|
|Tuesday 5th July||£260|
|Wednesday 6th July||£260|
|Trainees / Nurses||Fee|
|Tuesday 5th July||£150|
|Wednesday 6th July||£150|
*Cancellations received in writing on or before 15th June 2022 will be subject to an administration charge of £25. Delegates cancelling after this date will be liable to pay the full meeting price unless BOAS considers there to be exceptional circumstances that would warrant a refund.
Registration fees include:
- In person attendance to all lectures
- Regional blocks clinic during all refreshment breaks and lunch
- Breakfast pastries and coffee/tea
- Interval refreshments
- A hot fork lunch
- Cloak room facilities with dedicated attendants
- Access to the British Museum’s free exhibitions and displays
Joining BOAS for £25 per annum will grant you access to the reduced membership rates. Please wait for membership confirmation before booking your place.
– SOCIAL EVENT –
The Annual Scientific Meeting’s Social Event will take place on the evening of Tuesday 5th July.
Join us for a Turkish Dining Experience at the wonderful Antalya Restaurant, only 5 minutes walk from the British Museum.
Please note that Dinner is not included as part of the registration fee. We will contact all delegates nearer the time in order to book your place.
Delegates will be contacted nearer the time in order to make booking and take a payment.
– GETTING HERE –
The British Museum
Great Russell Street,
London WC1B 3DG
We recommend using the Transport For London (TFL) Journey Planner to plan your trip to the Museum.
The four tube stations closest to the Museum are:
- Tottenham Court Road: 5-minute walk
- Holborn: 7-minute walk
- Russell Square: 7-minute walk
- Goodge Street: 8-minute walk
– USEFUL LINKS –
For any queries please contact: BOAS2022_admin